Be

Be

I always wondered why I couldn’t dance,
On the floor I didn’t stand a chance,
I wondered why I sang like a frog with the flu,
Believe me, that analogy is true.
I wondered why I wasn’t taller, maybe just a chunk,
Perhaps no woman would ever call me a hunk,
But I learnt a lesson through me,
That we should be what we were meant to be.

Dance if you’re a dancer,
Sing if you are a singer,
Write if you’re a writer,
Speak if you’re a speaker,
Run if you’re a runner,
Sprint if you’re a sprinter,
Don’t wonder why you aren’t him or me,
Just be!

Walk if you’re walker,
Jump if you’re a jumper,
Love if you’re a lover,
But don’t hate even if they call you a hater,
Dream if you’re a dreamer,
Laugh when you find the laughter,
If you’re a climber, climb a tree,
The essence is just to be!

Comments

Popular Posts