Broken Heart

Broken Heart

Everything is made to be broken,
Those were the words harshly spoken,
As she tore my heart from within my chest,
And dashed it to the ground in an unsightly mess,
The pain of love is what it is,
Yet no one ever tells you it feels like this,
No one tells you that you’d rather die,
Or that the tears are too heavy for you to cry.

No one tells you that you lose your will to live,
That life has nothing more to give,
That your expectations seems to turn to dust,
And any shining light becomes brittle dust,
All this pain at a woman’s hand,
I just don’t understand,
How do I go on with a broken heart?
How do you nurse a broken heart?

Today I tried to wake up but I couldn’t,
I’m crying but I know I shouldn’t,
I’m dying inside and I do know what to do,
How can this be true?
I wonder how I will take every other day,
Or simply how to get beyond today,
How do I go on with a broken heart?
Is anyone meant to live broken heart?

Comments

Popular Posts