My first love

My first love

I never knew that I could feel this way,
I never knew the feeling would grow day by day,
It felt almost physical,
Yet in my heart the sensation was magical,
The way she made me feel was brand new,
And now I didn’t quite know what to do,
She was my first love,
An angel sent from up above.

I thought I had been in love before,
But this feeling was just so much more,
She was the symbol of perfection,
Without that being her intention,
Her smile would light up the way,
Bring sunshine on a cold May day,
I know I loved her so,
A feeling that I knew would never go.

Every morning I woke up to her face,
Every day I glowed in her grace,
There’s nowhere I would rather be,
And she too wanted to be near me,
There is no one else I would rather have,
So to her, my life, I gave,
Have you ever seen the fluttering of a white dove,
That is the embodiment of the feeling of true love.

Comments

Popular Posts