Heaven can wait

My journey must end at the pearly gates,
Where a beautiful eternity awaits,
I should arrive with a smile on my face,
As I enter a place of grace,
In life I must have nothing left to do,
I should have fought each fight and seen each race through,
I should have won
I should have conquered everything I would have done.

Yet I am not ready to be heaven bound,
I’m not prepared to be buried in the ground,
I have many battles I still need to fight,
I still need to emerge from darkness into the light,
I still need to find my place,
Hence towards heaven there is no haste,
I know not what will be my fate,
But until I’m done, heaven can wait.

I have the heart to drive me forward,
I have the sand to battle onward,
I have the vision to see my goal,
I have the Lord to calm my soul,
I have places I still need to see,
And I am not yet who I need to be,
Until I reach that peaceful state,
Heaven can wait.

Comments

Popular Posts