Reckoning

The voices are starting to speak,
The light is beginning to turn bleak,
I hear the messages clearly in my head,
Some willing life, some wishing I were dead,
A battle has only just begun,
It will only end once it has been won,
The foe I battled was once a friend,
Dead to me, never to mend.

I know I must be ruthless,
Each strike must be hard and fearless,
My very being depends on what happens next,
On who comes out second best,
These voices won’t let me be,
They keep whispering to me,
I don’t know whether they are friend or foe,
Or whether they will speak even more.

In a way this is how it should go,
The only way for a better tomorrow,
If I lose I’ll lose in a big way,
A way I may regret day after day,
But if I win my life will change forever,
My life will change for the better.
I’m ready for the battle that will define me,
I’m ready to become fully me.

Comments

Popular Posts