There is me

There is love in my heart,
Love enough for some of it to have been lost,
Enough for some more to be romantic and brotherly,
And for most of it to be true.

There is passion in my eyes,
Passion that tells me to live every day,
To wake up and kiss every morning,
For after this life I may never live again.

There is fear in my bones,
Fear that my life may be a disappointment,
Fear that each day lost is a dream lost,
Fear that this life may end before I am ready.

There is anger boiling in my blood,
Anger at the lot that I have been given,
Anger that I have the burden of potential,
Yet it may never be realised.

There is hope in my soul,
Hope that tomorrow is a better day,
Hope that each day gives me a chance,
To become the man that even I can only dream of.

Then there is me,
A vessel filled with love, passion and fear,
Driven by hope and anger.
This is me, all of it is me.

Comments

Popular Posts