Afraid to love

I can’t do this any more,
Why does love have to be so,
You become a slave to unreasonable emotions,
And we’re battered by gainless notions,
You give up yourself to disadvantage,
Where someone wants to take advantage,
If this is really a gift from above,
I wonder if I could get anything other than love.

Every day you need to work at it,
That so it finds a place to fit,
The day you try to take a break,
It rips you apart and causes ache,
I’m afraid of this useless feeling,
A cause of pain that leaves you reeling
I’m afraid of this curse from above,
I’m afraid to love.

I’m afraid to surrender to the unknown,
Scared to feel that in my heart its grown,
I’m afraid to court this curse of pain,
To surrender all and any gain,
I’m afraid to become a slave,
To lose all that I have,
I’m afraid of this curse from above,
I’m afraid to love.

Comments

Popular Posts