For King & Glory

I walked into a blinding light,
The light was terribly bright,
I knew I had to fight,
Fight with all my might,
I could hear sounds around me,
I had to listen cos I could not see,
Death would not visit me today,
I'd be sending someone else on their way.

I swung my blade hard and swift,
The feel of flesh gave me the lift,
I felt a lifeless body slump,
He fell, curled into a lump,
I swung again and felt steel so hard,
Then I stabbed and knew it was his gut,
I fought for King and glory,
I felt my cause was holy.

My eyes started to open,
Silence, no words spoken,
I was the only man that stood on either side,
Everyone else had died,
I wondered if this was victory or we all had lost,
As I watched the blood cover the frost.
I watched the carnage I had made,
As I sheathed my victorious blade.

Comments

Popular Posts