The depths of hell

I seek salvation in the depths of hell,
With a burning none can quell,
I dream while I am awake,
Yearning for something I can take,
I feel the burning flames swallow my soul,
I feel them take it whole,
I feel them consume everything I hope to be,
Everything I dare to see.

I hear screaming souls around me,
I hear a deep sorrow from within me,
It tears me apart and builds me again,
Just so that I may again feel that pain,
Each tear is more bitter than the last,
The present more painful than the past,
Each day I lose more,
Each day I know I have nowhere to go.

I feel and see pain all around,
I see darkness abound,
Yet in all this I see nothing,
In everything,
And everything,
In nothing,
I seek salvation in the depths of hell,
With a burning none can quell

Comments

Popular Posts