Alive

It’s an amazing feeling to hold,
To feel beyond the cold.
To feel the sun rising every day,
No matter what life throws your way,
To know that beyond the storm lies a rainbow
That beyond the clouds the sun will always glow,
For the first time I know I will thrive,
For the first time, I feel alive.

I feel like nothing can knock me down,
Like my dreams thrive and my worries drown,
Like God is fighting on my side,
And I have no reason to whimper or hide.
I feel like I can take on the world
Like a Champion worthy of gold,
I feel a glow in every night,
I feel a thirst for the fight.

I can do things I never thought I could,
I now take the place I always knew I should,
I now rise from the ashes of my strife,
Blessed with a new lease of life,
I see a future and not a past,
I see glory at long last,
Alive, alive, oh so alive,
I have never felt so alive.

Comments

Popular Posts