I don't belong (Away from home for too long)

I don’t belong,
The ties that bind are no longer strong,
I see strangers in every face,
And my heart yearns for another place,
Yet these are the people with whom I share a name,
With them, I should feel no shame,
Yet I feel it is no longer the same,
I have a new longing home cannot tame.

Years of travel have broken our bond,
Home is now a place far beyond,
This is now a place I go
And I feel that love no more,
It hurts me to feel this way,
Yet I fail to wish it away,
I look for someone else to blame,
That might just wash away my shame.

I left many years ago to seek a better life,
In those travels I found a wife,
I have found a place of rest,
Yet people still tell me home is best,
Am I a refugee, an expat o an immigrant?
Is there any peace that the Lord may grant?
I go home and yet I don’t belong,
The ties that bind are no longer strong

Comments

Popular Posts