Never let you go

I held on to the thought of you,
Even though I knew I'd long lost you
I was afraid that if I let go
I'd lose so much more
I'd lose a part of me
A part I couldn't let free,
I'd lose a glimmer of the future,
And become a desolate creature.

I knew this day would come,
When I'd have to loose your arm,
But I was never prepared,
Truth, I was scared,
Now that it is upon me my fears are confirmed,
My feelings for you, in pain reaffirmed,
I wish you happiness and love
I wish you precious gifts from above.

I'm surprised by the tear that rolls down my face,
I try not give it space,
For I need to be better for you
Perhaps for me too.
You will never know how much you mean to me,
Stronger than any love could be,
I know I lost you long ago,
Sadly I can never let you go.

Comments

Popular Posts