The Traveller

I yearn to see things I have never seen,
To be places I have never been,
A sense of adventure awakens my soul,
The Adrenalin makes me whole.
I chart my course on a map of the world
Seeking no fortune or gold.
I seek a prize that few embrace,
A feeling of presence and grace.

It points me north towards Europe
Where Rome embraces me with ancient buildings,
The cobbled streets make me feel at home
And the chipped walls make me want to see more.
Venice, oh you city on stilts,
Your charm woos me so,
And London, and Paris too
Don't forget the beauties Spain has to hold.

It points me East towards Asia,
Where I have seen the great Wall in China,
Malaysia I wish conquer soon,
Thailand too.
I travel around Africa where nature is an amazing diversity
The seas, the plains and the rolling hills,
Such a beauty to behold
And even better to set my feet.

I am a traveller at heart and in deed
I find my heart yearning to go far and wide
To climb hills and mountains
To embrace cultures beyond my own
Beyond the place I call home,
For riches are not in what I hold
But truly in what I behold
As a true traveller must.

Comments

Popular Posts