The path I have coveted so

It's been a while since I last turned these pages,

Gosh it's been ages,

The pages were a compass for who I am,

A beacon to guide me time and again,

But of late they have become heavy,

My hands all to weary,

Or maybe I have grown afraid of what I will find,

Even though it all resides in my mind.


I'm afraid of who I may have become,

No, no, not who I have become,

Perhaps who I may become,

Not today's but tomorrow's someone,

And I fear not because I fear the worst,

But what is one to do when they may become the most,

The most of their hopes,

The hopes that one dared dream beyond hope.


Ah, this is a crossroads I wish to savour,

The culmination of my lifelong endeavour,

Yet it's scarier than I ever imagined,

More daunting than I've ever envisioned.

How can it be so frightful to near your dreams?

Your own dreams.

Perhaps now I will open the pages more,

And embrace the path I have coveted so. 




Comments

Popular Posts