I write

They say the pen is mightier than the sword,
That sounds pretty bold,
Could the chewed end of my ink,
Be stronger than we would think,
Could the feel of sharp steel so cold,
Be less than the pen I hold,
I do pray that it has that bite,
For when I engage in battle, I write.

I write about evil and good,
About places that once stood,
I write about those we love and hate,
And about the workings of fate,
When bombs fall my pen is at hand,
And even so when lands are on the mend,
Whenever I desire to pick a fight,
I arm myself with my ink and I write.

I write that my words may be read,
That hungry souls may be fed,
I write that I may be understood,
In the hope that I may do good,
In write to encourage the weary,
And to admonish the greedy,
I mobilise my intellectual armies,
Soldiers ready to fight in their stories,

I am a leader and a warrior,
I am perhaps to some, even a saviour,
I right the wrongs,
I encourage their heartfelt songs,
I battle evil like a superhero,
My weapon of choice being my biro,
As longs as there are wrongs to turn right,
I will write.

Comments

Popular Posts