I dreamed that I had died

I dreamed that I had died,

Not a soul stood by my side,

I was in a place no words can describe,

Yet I knew I was no longer alive,

I was no longer me nor was I was one,

I was with things yet to do and deeds done,

I was many people some I did not know,

The world was around me from above and below.


Noone explained this place to me,

Yet I felt like a place I should be,

I felt feelings I never knew,

And with time these feelings grew,

I shared the space with those I loved,

And that feeling grew as I moved,

Colours shone bright and new,

The ones I recognised were but a few.


I woke with a start,

As though my body and soul had been apart,

What I dreamt was beyond what I could comprehend,

My mind swirling in a bend,

I knew there was more to being,

More than heaven, hell, earth or what I was seeing,

I dreamed that I had died,

Not a soul stood by my side.



Comments

Popular Posts