Walked into hell

I walked into hell lured by light,
I now live every day in fright,
I’m afraid to sleep at night,
And the thought of morning saps my might,
I’m afraid to take a step forward,
Because it seems to carry me backward,
I live in a place of sadness,
And only dream of that place of gladness.

I walked into a fire that consumes me now,
I am here yet I don’t know how,
I need to get out and I do try,
But I feel enchained more as each day goes by,
The harder I try, the tighter the chains,
The greater the pains,
I wish my life were a happy story to tell,
But it’s a tale borne out of hell.

I embraced hope till it was sapped out of me,
I embraced ambition till even it broke free,
My heart is hard and empty,
Filled with pain and sorrow aplenty,
I wish there was a place I could go,
Or to know that which I must atone for,
That my hurt it may quell,
And help me out of this hell

Comments

Popular Posts