You saved me

Darkness engulfed me till you opened the door,
Till you showed me that I had more,
You took me to a place bigger than me
A place where amid strife I could be free,
You gave me hope,
And the knowledge that I could cope,
You may not know what you did for me,
But you saved me.

You came to me when I had nothing within,
When my only hope seemed to lie in mortal sin,
You came when I had given up,
When I had the eternally painful cup,
The evil that lay in my head,
Was put to bed,
I wish you could see,
That you saved me.

I wake each day with a sense of purpose,
Not a state of morose,
I can’t see the light yet I know I must move on,
I must soldier on,
If not for me then for you,
For you I would savour anything I go through,
Because you mean so much to me,
And you saved me.

Comments

Popular Posts