Understood by few

They asked me what I do,
So I looked at the asking crew,
I knew this was a trap,
So first I thought to make up some crap,
Then I thought again, no,
Let’s have fun, let’s give it a go,
So I told them I was in advertising,
I could see them mentally criticizing

The lady in the weave was the first to voice it out,
She began the bout,
The man with the glasses echoed her thoughts,
Then the professor fellow connected the imaginary dots,
They told me I was kin to the devil,
Complete and pure evil,
That I sold things that killed and maimed,
So it seems for all the world’s ills I would be blamed.

I raised my voice and told them to take a seat,
That voice was advertising that fist and face may just meet,
If nature advertises then why can’t I?
For a flower looks beautiful that it may not die,
A rattlesnake rattles to give a warning that you may die,
A smell advertises the presence of a sty,
So if nature advertises to give you cues,
Surely to the thinker, these must be clues.

Advertising brings to life the intangible,
It makes the invisible visible,
It tells you what works and what does not,
It does so much more than ever thought,
As I walked out I wondered if I had changed any mind,
Truth be told I didn’t care for their kind,
I stood proud of what I do,
Even if it is understood by few.


Comments

Popular Posts