There's always hope

 I had a dream

Where I was taken up to a mountain

From where I could see all the world

I was told to look to the north

Where I saw war and rivers of blood

The screams of men, women and children were so loud

So loud that they became silent,

I tried to avert my eyes and wipe the tears.


I was told to look east,

Where I saw the world tear itself apart,

Disease and disaster bedevilled the land

I tried to avert my eyes but could not.

I looked to the south

And my heart sank

Poverty and pain riddled the land

I still could not avert my eyes.


I looked west and sought for hope

But I saw none

The cries and pain were just as bad

If not worse

My heart bled 

My soul cried

I turned and asked if there was any good

I was told to look more deeply


And I did

Everywhere I turned there were glimmers of light

Within the darkness there were bright sparks

People who decided to see the best

Those who decided to do something noo matter how small

I understood the message

No matter what the world holds

There is always hope.



Comments

Popular Posts