Fading Light

They say you’ll be drawn to a bright light,
That’s when you know its happening,
The mystic magic of the light will draw you,
Out of a tunnel of suffocating darkness.
That’s not how it happened for me,
There was no darkness,
Light, yes, but no darkness,
It was a sea of bright white light,
And I felt alone.

It was so bright that I couldn’t see,
It may as well have been pitch darkness,
I knew eyes were watching me,
Waiting for me,
Yet there was no presence,
Just a sea of bright nothingness,
I knew the time was near,
And I was paralysed with fear.

“Stay away from the light”, I recalled,
But how?
Even if I wanted to,
How?
Then the light began to fade,
And I knew it was my time,
I could hear all the tears and sighs,
As that light faded for the last time.



Comments

Popular Posts