If it were me

I watch you every day as you walk by,
Always with a tear in your eye,
I saw you cry again today,
As you cry every other day,
One day I will whisper to you,
That your tears can be through,
That someone can guard your heart,
Much better than that.

If it were me you were coming to,
I would make every day about you,
I would bring joy to your life,
And make you feel alive,
Though tears may stream down your face,
Joy will take sadness' place,
I would buy you a rose so red,
And make you feel alive as we lay in bed.

If it were me who had your heart,
You would be happy from the start,
I would be your man and you my lady,
Each day would be happy,
I would hold your hand and never want to let go,
I would always wish for more,
I would have found my gem,
My diamond among them.

But it's not me you run to,
It's not me you come home to,
It's him to go to every day,
And with him you cry every day,
One day I will take your heart as mine,
One day it will all me mine,
One day it will be me,
One day we will be.

Comments

Popular Posts