Faithless

My soul, my life, my heart,

Once one but now apart,

My faith, my dreams, my hopes,

Sliding down treacherous slopes,

Once in my life I was so sure,

That I was beholden to a divinity true and pure,

But now I know nothing anymore, 

Beyond life, is there much more?


I look into my soul and expect to see darkness,

But as my beliefs wave across dream's pathways,

I still see brightness,

I still feel brightness.

This means I can't be entirely lost,

That my essence is more than a ghost,

I feel I have gained by questioning my belief,

That my soul has let out a sigh of relief.


I am so much more for asking hard questions,

I am a deeper being for having reflections,

I fear that what we were told is not the only truth,

What really is the truth?

I stand convinced that I am on the right way,

Granted, I may no longer pray,

But I stand in my convictions today,

Faithless, as some may say.


Comments

Popular Posts