Prisoner of hope

I am a prisoner of hope,
A captive bound by many a rope,
In a prison darkened by light,
And enforced by gentleness, not might,
A hostile boot rests on my head,
And a canvass of thorns forms my bed,
I feel entrapped when I should be free,
And I just cannot fathom how this can be.

Every morning you feel that the nothingness will go away,
Yet it returns day after day,
How dare Hope gives me the strength to keep going,
When every day I experience all kinds of dying
How dare I dream of a better tomorrow,
But when tomorrow becomes today I see sorrow,
I am a servant to an unlikely slave master,
Much like the Devil becoming a pastor.

I’ve been dashed to the ground countless times,
Yet I rise just as many times,
I’ve been stabbed mercilessly in the back,
Yet as often as I can, I go back,
I’ve been betrayed,
And yet I’ve stayed,
It is for hope that on those days I prayed,
Yet now abundant with hope, I remain dismayed.

I am a prisoner of the right things,
A lot of good coated in a film of sins,
I am chained to my own ambition,
In a self made maximum security prison,
I don’t know if I regret who I am
Or what I am
I am still a prisoner of hope
Living under its unforgiving yoke.

Comments

Popular Posts