Die for her love by Garikai Nhongo

My hands are chained solidly to the door,
My legs pinned cruelly to the floor,
My back aches from the brutal beating,
My face, my eyes, oozing and bleeding,
I tilt my head to look at the woman I love,
She looks down at me from above,
Her eyes slanted to the side,
With the man about to take my life by her side.

I love her and thats why I will die,
My life taken for I tried to make her mine,
A forbidden affection
Now leads to my condemnation,
The man by her side steals her soul
And forces a love that doesn't belong,
She cannot see my tears,
But I know she too shares my fears.

As the executioner raises the final blow,
She shrieks with the pain only love can bestow,
I know then that our love is forever,
Even though in flesh we cannot be together,
The final blow strikes me to my end,
My life broken, never to mend,
I see her floating to me like a dove,
I die for her love.

Comments

Popular Posts