Forbidden Love by Garikai Nhongo

I cannot bear to see what I see,
A woman about to die because she loves me,
Our love is as true as it can be,
Yet we aren't allowed to be.
I am betrothed to the woman by my side,
A murderer who only wants me as a prize,
The world denies me a love so true,
Why us? What did we do?

My love looks up to me with pain in his eyes,
I cannot save her from this demise,
The pain in my heart tears me apart,
It is death for us to live apart.
I watch as the executioner delivers the final blow,
Her head severed then she is no more,
I can feel my voice cry out loud,
An eerie lifeless sound.

I've lost my one true love,
There is no justice on earth or above,
I'm stuck with a woman i feel nothing for,
Life is not worth living any more,
Tonight, my love, we will be together,
Denied in life yet in death they cannot deny our forever,
Tonight I will float to you like a dove,
I too, will die for our love.

Comments

Popular Posts