Pawn in their game

The world laughs in our faces,
Is this a making of our choices?
Are we here because of our faults?
Or is our will locked in sealed vaults,
We did what we were asked,
No, not asked - tasked,
Things we'll regret forever,
Things that gave us no pleasure.

But their hands remained clean,
We committed the sin,
Now that its time to pay,
Only I am in harms way,
They sit and drink away the gains,
While I'm held in chains,
Whips against my back,
For doing their work.

They made us believe in a vision,
Commit to the mission,
They deceived us,
Then they betrayed us,
Dispensable pawns in their game,
To them its all the same,
They're lives will go on,
Mine - soon to be gone.

Perhaps I'm a victim of my passion,
Perhaps I deserve an end in this fashion,
I admit I'm not the best man I can be,
But they are no better than me,
Their hearts are no more pure,
of that, I am sure,
I am a pawn in their game,
Yet to them, its all the same.


Comments

Popular Posts