Remember me

Will they sing songs for me when I'm gone,
Will they sing about the things I've done,
Will the pages of history be my home,
And will they sing of battles won,
Will my colossal statue stand in the sun,
A symbol of life well done,
Will they talk about things I've seen,
And herald the places I've been.

Will history remember my name,
Shall I forever be cloaked in fame,
Friends will speak my name in cheer,
Enemies, only in fear,
They will speak at length,
Of a man with heart and strength,
They will sing the words I spoke,
And marvel at pledges I never broke,

They will remember me,
And forever my memory will be,
They will build statues for me,
Name children and buildings after me,
Cities will bear my name,
History will carry the same,
When I pass I'll ask for me,
That they remember me.

Comments

Popular Posts