In the mirror

I close my eyes so maybe I will not see,
Hoping that the image will no longer be,
I open my eyes and see the same,
The image will never wane,
As I look in the mirror I see me,
But not the me I want to be,
I see the stranger that I've become,
Not the person in whose mind I'd begun.

This man's heart is now stone,
Conscience and feeling all gone,
His soul bears a deep hallowness,
A deep distress,
Hi breaths no longer bring life to him,
The shortness of then now a light turning dim,
What have I become,
Where is the man with whose sould I'd begun?

With time the man in the mirro becomes real,
My heart hardens, from stone to steel,
I'm afraid to look in the mirror,
My resolve so much thinner,
Tainted by heartless days,
And torn by faithless forays,
Now I over the glass that reflects me,
Hoping that what I'd seen cannot be.

Comments

Popular Posts