Broken,

Waking up is harder than it ever was,
Worsened by ever deepening scars,
The light at the tunnel moves further,
Almost as if it will never come nearer,
It’s almost as though I’ve earned a cruel fate,
That I must bear the world’s weight,
Never before have had I wished for a final end,
Perhaps only then will this life mend.

A heart once full of dreams and hope,
Now wonders if through another day it’ll cope,
A soul filled with thorn less roses,
Has now lost all its promise,
Replaced with the fate of potential,
That may never be fulfilled at all,
I can see and almost touch the door,
Yet my best effort leaves me flat on the floor.

My heart hopes for a chance of success,
For a break from mess upon mess,
I feel I’ve lost my resolve,
Almost as though there’s nothing I can solve,
I feel that my spirit is broken,
And the inner me has been ripped and stolen,
I’ll live each day as I’ve done the last,
Trying to inspire through glories of the past.

Comments

Popular Posts