More Of You

If on this earth or in a dream,
I was to chance upon a genie like Alladin,
I would have earned a wish by three,
To have and to hold whatever pleases me,
I could have the power of kings,
Or soar into heaven upon wings,
I could wish for fame and wealth,
Or even buckets of good health.

But what I’d ask is dearest to me,
It would be my wish one, two and three,
I’d wish that my days be blessed,
With that which I love best,
That which I cherish the most,
My source of warmth amidst frost,
Amidst all that I could do,
I’d wish for more of you.

I’d wish to see more of your smile,
Each and every day, all the while,
To see the twinkle in your eyes,
Which illuminates darkness for miles,
I’d wish to always have you near,
And that to you I’d always be dear,
Amidst all choices old and new,
I’d wish just for more of you.

Comments

Popular Posts