Age of empires

In the days of old walls stood high,
Battle upon battle went by,
Kings were crowned
And heroes renowned,
Valor was the mark of men,
But that was then.
A hunger streamed through their blood,
Gushing like a consuming flood.

The same hunger runs in my veins,
A deep hunger that never wanes,
Valor remains the mark of this man,
Like Joshua upon the lands of Canaan,
My enemies must fear my name,
And the world must know of my fame,
I seek to build with my hands,
And with the honour upon which my name stands.

I seek to build my empire,
Through blood and fire,
I hunger for battle,
Never to settle,
I live for those moments,
Created with deep sentiments,
I must be the last born out of raging fires,
The last of the age of the empires.

History will know I was there,
And let my account be fair,
Let my name be sung in songs,
Of how I righted the wrongs,
Of how I did more than the rest,
How I was the best,
Of how i was able to rise,
In the age of empires.

Comments

Popular Posts