Like when we first met

My heart still skips a beat when I hear your voice,
You are and will always be my first choice,
I feel things I never though I'd feel,
The best part is that its all real,
I pray for nights to end and days to start,
That we may never be apart,
I feel like a boy again.
Kissing passionately in the soaking rain.

I still write letters to you,
In lonely times they take me to you,
In them I tell of how you've taken my heart,
Like you did right from the start,
You do it again every day,
And make me love you in every way,
I'd never trade this for the world,
For you are my city of gold.

I still dream of you when I sleep at night,
I still stutter at your sight,
You still make me want more,
To see more and be more,
To be a better man for you,
And to walk with you in all you do,
I know this is the best,
Like when we first met.

Comments

Popular Posts