Symphony in black

My tears have no place to fall,
My memories never fade at all,
Fear has turned my heart cold,
Stone cold from the burdens of old,
Many have passed before me,
Their pains entrenched in me,
My mind keeps taking me back,
Playing this symphony in black.

I've seen black ravens fly high,
I've felt the stench of death nigh,
His cold hand has touched my face,
Bitter, dry, dark with no grace,
I've bled many times in my soul,
Wounded, afraid and never whole,
Defeat has been a friend and foe,
I'm left with nowhere to go.

I dare to sing a different song,
Happier than the one we've sung all along,
I dare to see different colors,
I dare to give hope to others,
This world is more than just black,
Somehow, joy can come back,
With a different heart I sing again,
A symphony in black never again

Comments

Popular Posts